Cidara Therapeutics R&D Day
|DATE:||September 21, 2021|
|TIME:||12:00 AM EDT|
About The Event
The webinar hosted will feature presentations by Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) Mark James Levis, M.D., Ph.D. (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine) and Kieren Marr, M.D. (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine), who will discuss the growing risks and unmet medical need in treating fungal infections in cancer and transplant patients. In addition, Eric Simoes, M.D. (University of Colorado), will discuss the significant void in the prevention and treatment of respiratory viral diseases, particularly RSV.
- Dr. Levis will discuss the current landscape of hematology drugs and the needs and risks oncologists encounter when making therapy choices for patients facing serious fungal infections.
- Dr. Marr will provide an overview of the risk of invasive fungal infections in patients, the prophylaxis standard of care and its associated dilemmas, as well as how new antifungal drugs may improve the current treatment landscape for cancer and transplant patients.
- Dr Simoes will discuss the unmet medical need in respiratory viral diseases with a focus on RSV and the need for novel approaches to prevent and treat, despite the progress of vaccines, therapies, and MAbs.
- Dr. Jeffrey Stein, President and CEO of Cidara Therapeutics, will provide an update on Cidara’s corporate strategy and pipeline, as well as the recent collaboration with Johnson & Johnson on Cloudbreak/CD388.
- Dr. Taylor Sandison, Chief Medical Officer of Cidara Therapeutics, will discuss the newest data and expectations for rezafungin, Cidara’s novel, once-weekly echinocandin for the treatment of candidemia and invasive candidiasis and for the prevention of invasive fungal infections in immunosuppressed patients.
- Paul Daruwala, Chief Operating Officer of Cidara Therapeutics, will provide an overview of the commercial outlook for rezafungin in treatment and prevention and the impact of current antifungals on the multi-billion dollar hematology drug market.
- Dr. Les Tari, CSO of Cidara Therapeutics, will discuss the broad potential of the Cloudbreak Immunotherapy platform, including the presentation of new data in RSV, HIV, COVID-19, as well as applications outside of infectious disease.
A live Q&A session will follow the presentations.